*L'OREAL PARIS*

by baggie on 2:17 AM



When was the first time you ever used a hair styling product? 12? 16? 20? I remember the days when I had to use baby oils or light hair creams to keep my long hair in place during high school. And then I went a little wilder at the age of 16 (you know lah... getting bolder, 'big' girl dee whaaaat) where I've had my hair spiked and 'air plane-d' at the fringe, together with my group of girl friends. That was when I've started using hair gels, you know, to ensure that my hair is always 'spiked up'... and made sure that a plane could always land on my fringe. *gah* (only did that hairstyle once, cause kena bombarded by my H.E.M, learnt my lessons)

Then at 17, I started coloring my hair in a very 'unnoticed' brunette, and yes I always got away with hair spotchecks in school. (Kih Kih Kih) Anyways, I used to be a very mischievous girl in school, always had problems with the prefects from my next class (konon class sains bijak, just because they chose their extra subject as accounts, while my class opt for pendidikan seni, *phhbtt*) I tell you, they are very the 'LANCI' that I couldn't resist myself from slapping each and one of them, but of course i didn't lah... Duh!! I thought I was suppose to talk about hairs... ok never mind!!

I started using more professional products when I was in college. My hair was frizzy (it is still... NOW), dry and kinda damaged I guess. That was when I was introduced to hair serums, hot oils and so on. (getting older dee and the price of the products being used also getting higher lah) I also started trying hair waxs, hair moisturizers, hair spray to style my hair in college... cause wanna look good (although sudah berpunya at that time, hehehehe). I always change my hair products, till I really find something that satisfies me... eh no, my hair,eh eh... as in my hair on the head! *shesh*

Until last Tuesday, I always thought that expensive products are ridiculous, whereby you're actually paying for the brand's advertisements. But no, I totally disagree with my earlier statement when I've finally tried out some expensive products. They sometimes do practice what they preach, (certain of them only lah, not naming brands here). What happened was, I was invited by a friend of mine to join in a hair styling survey at UOA KL. Well, they said that they would pay us RM120 for that four particular hours of survey, and so i thought to myself, ''what the heck, got someone is willing to pay for my PADINI skirt (yes, have been planning to get that skirt, sedang saving money nak beli) kih kih kih", and so I agreed lah.

It was a fun survey (ada 8 orang di-invite if I'm not mistaken), the people from that particular hair product company turned out to be from L'OREAL (of course they didn't reveal it till the end of the session). They asked many opinions from us working females, on what we think of each and other brands, which was the main point besides advertising, that would influence us to buy a certain hair styling product, and bla bla bla... (tok tok tok... ask ask ask...)... what do you think of the ad here, what kind of feel does this ad gives you.... (bla bla bla...'' ok, thank you for your time") *relief*

At the end of the day, they gave us each a RM120 and a L'OREAL goodie bag worth RM100 of hair styling products. Not baaaad, and that was when I knew they were from L'OREAL and that their products aren't that bad either. Expensive, but kinda works. I'm using some of their products now, when I go out. I like their Hot Straight Heat-Activated Straightening Cream, smells good and keeps my hair nicely in place. (recommended to use with straightening irons, but i malas to iron lah)

I recommend that if you've ever had the chance to get invited for surveys, do not miss the opportunity to learn something about a product, how do they do their brandings, and of course share your thoughts of the advertising world. (very good for those in design line) I had fun smelling, feeling and er..tasting? the products given. *smiles* and of course free skirt for me!!

2 Response to '*L'OREAL PARIS*'
  1. Coconut Ice
    http://dirty-dancing-fairy.blogspot.com/2006/10/loreal-paris.html?showComment=1161241980000#c116124199152210743'> 3:13 PM

    waaa...i want to join surveys oso :P next time invite me oso lar..hihi

     

  2. baggie
    http://dirty-dancing-fairy.blogspot.com/2006/10/loreal-paris.html?showComment=1161245340000#c116124535847452787'> 4:09 PM

    :P can can... if i get another invitation to do lah..k? siok kan? hehehe